“The female doesn’t want a rich man or a handsome man or even a poet, she wants a man who understands her eyes if she gets sad, and points to his chest and says: “Here is your home country.””
"Are we to the point in our relationship that I have to let you make me watch chick flicks?" Happy Recap.
1. I got a freaking one hundred percent on my pathology/pharmacology exam. That’s a three digit test score. Feelin’ like a total BAMF.
2. Was introduced into the gritty awesomeness that is True Detective. How come the whole world isn’t watching this show?!
3. I made cinnamon crumb muffins last night and they are deeelish.
4. Mom-daught shopping day. My shelves are stocked, shampoo replenished, and some springy things in my closet.
5. One of my teachers held me back after class and shared with me an email from my last clinical site about how much they missed me and if I could come back. Cue the warm fuzzies!
6. Started a new book and I already love it. It’s set in a bakery and I’m feeling inspired (hence, the muffins).
7. Saturday night girls night with some new friends from school - lots of wine and a little Cards Against Humanity.
8. Bought flights to the mountains! I leave the moment summer break begins. Like, literally. Classes end and I drive directly to the airport.
9. Finally, seven years after its original air date, I finished Gilmore Girls.
10. Finally got Boyfriend to breakfast at this great hole-in-the-wall cafe. I’ve been meaning to take him there for ages. (Also, when the menu says, “Killer Pancakes,” they really mean it. I could only manage a FOURTH of the stack.)
Looking forward to: some really really lovely weather for my birthday this weekend (I hope the forecast pulls through for me), getting so close to Spring Break!
“Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows.”