“Don’t equate the presence of God with a good mood or a pleasant temperament. God is near whether you are happy or not.”
“Just because things hadn’t gone the way I’d planned didn’t necessarily mean they’d gone wrong.”
“Ah, September! You are the doorway to the season that awakens my soul… but I must confess that I love you only because you are a prelude to my beloved October.”
"Sometimes I get nostalgic for the books of youth," Happy Recap
1. Got to wear boots and scarves and fall jackets this weekend.
2. Got to sit in a lawn chair in the middle of the midtown green, with my feet proped up on our beer cooler. and watch my favorite college football team play on a huge projector under the clear September sky.
3. Opened a jar of boyfriend’s homemade salsa and IT”S FANTASTIC.
4. Survived an intense round of exams, three in 24 hours to be exact. But this warrior aced them all.
5. Investigated the corner coffee shop and learned that I get 10% off just for living in the apartments next door! Whoop.
6. Oh my Lord, I finally made it to the gym after nearly a month of crazy mad busy times. It may not have been my best workout ever, but it felt good. (Bonus - I saw a little white dude breakdancing while I was there. Like spinning on his head to music coming from a 2003 boombox and everything. It was great.)
7. Concocted the best Chipotle burrito bowl in the world. Seriously, it nearly left me speechless. I’m so good.
8. Boyfriend came by to help me hang pictures and shelves and such in my apartment. Not just any guy would do so, I feel pretty lucky to have him around. (And the apartment looks better than ever!)
9. Dug through my parents’ movie collection and borrowed a few gems.
10. Spend a productive Saturday doing laundry and studying at the Mayberry house.
Looking forward to: a friend coming in town this weekend, celebrating my mother’s birthday, spending next Saturday in the state capitol