1. Continuing to gather footage for the autism documentary I am working on. Each time I sit down to it, I have this overwhelming sense of humility and perspective. This family is amazing, and this little boy is incredible. I feel so blessed and privileged to be a part of this project.
2. Hearing a tip-off that I am being considered for a “promotion” within the production team. (Hello, student director!)
3. A wonderful evening in Panem- interesting movie, more interesting conversations thereafter.
4. Margaritas with Lizzie, and hearing her fantastic news- she was offered a spot at her dream graduate school… so she’s moving to London at the end of the summer!
5. Black bean burgers.
6. Cooking dinner, playing guitar and singing songs with the boyfriend.
7. A particularly calming drive with the moon in my windows.
8. Song upon song upon song sent from my new friend in Minneapolis.
9. Wearing shorts! (In March?!)
10. Flowers blooming all over campus and learning the Road Trip Nation screening has been moved back a week (Thank the sweet Lord above). I now have more time to work on it.
Looking forward to: wedding shower on Friday, rooftop sunrise photo shoot with Amy, the weekend, the weekend, the weekend, the day when I finish the 28 pages I have left to write this semester, GRADUATION DAY
Whoo, Michigan confirmed that they have received all my materials, and will be sending my application to review as early as tomorrow!
Elephant in the Room - Richard Walter
We Don’t Eat - Vincent James McMorrow
Without A Word - Birdy
Old Pine - Ben Howard
Won’t Back Down - Sunday Lane
Too Close - Alex Clare (Never thought I’d say this, but thanks ((shudders)Microsoft…) for this one.)
Alaska. Connecticut. Delaware. Georgia. Hawaii. Louisiana. Maine. Maryland. Massachusetts. Michigan. Minnesota. Montana. New Hampshire. New York. North Carolina. Oregon. Pennsylvania. Rhode Island. Vermont. Virginia. Washington.
1. My fantastic, wonderful, exciting, awesome, splendid, stupendous, marvelous, amazing, joyous, glorious, beautiful, brilliant, incredible, and outstanding road trip to the Twin Cities. Even the drive was excellent. (I had the best company I could possibly ask for.) I loved Minneapolis. I loved St. Paul. I could totally picture myself living in that area. The people I met were so welcoming and warm. This weekend was one of the best I’ve had in quite a long time.
2. Sticking my toes in a lake and sitting on the shore, just soaking in the spring warmth.
3. Rainy days! Worms on the sidewalk!
4. Sleeping with my window open.
5. ShockTarts in the car. (Again.)
6. Knock-off chocolate poptarts.
7. Mini BabyBel cheese.
8. Rocking the upped-hours and responsibilities for my internship.
9. Learning (sort of) how to brew homemade beer.
10. Begun watching Breaking Bad. What an interesting show.
Looking forward to: going to the musical tonight, HUNGER GAMES PREMIERE, bridal shower for my cousin, there’s not another theatre history test for another two weeks